These Keto Lemon Bars are divine!!!
These were a bit tart and tangy, but it’s just the way I like it. I can have them year round..This was the first batch I made and I was really happy with how they turned out. Super delicious!
For the Crust:
6 tbsp butter
2 cups almond flour
1/3 Swerve granulated sugar
1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
For the Filling:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Swerve granular sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (I used 5 lemons)
1/4 cup grated lemon zest
6 egg yolks
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or a small saucepan and pour into a medium bowl..
- Add the almond flour, Swerve sweetener, and lemon zest, stirring until fully combined and a dough is formed.
- Line the bottom of a 8×8 inch square pan and press the dough evenly along the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. Lining the pan with parchment paper allows for an easier way to remove the lemon bars from the pan.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Swerve sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Whisk continually until the curd starts to thicken, slow and steady.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl (I prefer a smoother curd, but if you like the zest go ahead and leave).
- Whisk in the the Xanthan gum and collagen or gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Sprinkle with Swerve confectioners sugar before serving if desired.
- Cut into sixteen 2 x 2 squares.
Serving Size: 2 x 2 square| Calories: 193|Fat: 19g |Net Carbs: 2g |Protein: 4g
Found this recipe on https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/low-carb-lemon-bar-recipe-keto-gluten-free/